Specials on C is a community bodega for creative expression. We partner with educators, creators, and artists to build unique experiences fostering the creative capital of New York City.
Previously ‘The Family Deli’, Specials on C is located on the NorthWest corner of Avenue C and 12th Street in Alphabet City. Totaling roughly 700 square feet, we believe in providing space to those who are transitional, experimental, and inspirational.
So far, we've helped...
- RAE transform a bodega into art
- GO EAST build a holiday pop up store for independent makers
- Crush Distance jam out at a secret show
- Emilie Baltz & Carla Diana make music by eating ice cream
- Marko Bon host his first solo painting exhibition
- Juliet Silva Yee create collaborative hair art with kids
- Popup Art Event create a series of events and exhibitions on the Art of Hair
- FIENDS launch a new clothing brand
- MENSEN facilitate 3 days of women focussed art and workshops
- Richard Clarkson teach people about their super powers
- Sines show case the life of Frank the Ape
- Jump Kitchen remember childhood sweets
- Deondre Green embrace the native spirit of all of us
- Maker State empower children to create
- Christian Acker exhibit the calligraphy-based history of graffiti
- The Makery build candy arcade machines